25 August 2007


This is where the Germany blogs begin...if you are looking for pictures of my trip for the month of July, go to where the pictures start and work your way back up the page.

Another outing our group went on was to a place called Salzbergwerk. It was a salt mine and before we were allowed to go down inside the mine, everyone had to put on these ridiculously attractive jumpsuits :-) I must say, I felt like the 8th dwarf.

At another Biergarten, but this time near the salt mine where there was a very lovely little lake called Koenigsee.

Each year at the end of the school year, Ernst Mach holds what is called Sommerfest (Summer Fest) for all of the students and their families. There is music and dancing and all kinds of foods, drinks, and desserts and is pretty much just an all-around good time. We don't really do school things like this unless you count band barbecues or something...so I thought it was really fun! The highlight for me was that some German guys in my exchange group had formed a band and were allowed to play a set. I expected them to bust out something more traditionally German (techno, anyone?) but then they started playing and it was JACK JOHNSON!!! With a cute German accent!!!! Needless to say, it made my year.

More Sommerfest pictures...with my crazy Britt and Coleman friends :-)

Kathrin didn't tell me, but Sommerfest continued LATE into the night...CRAZY late into the night...emphasis on the crazy!

No comments: