24 August 2007

I wrote about this in the first picture blog. Me being sick. Train station. Elevated feet. Yeehaw!

Me with my fancy new hiking backpack (thanks Dad!) as we embark on our Germany Tour...we ended up spending a significant amount of time hanging out in train stations so this was a fairly common thing to see. People just kinda chill so we just kinda copied them. In a group of 24 you automatically stand out super-a-lot so we tried to look as normal as possible...

My first time on an ICE train. That is actually an acronym, but it's in German and I forget what it is. Basicaly ICE=Look At Me I'm A Really Fast Train! We got lucky though because it started raining just as we climbed aboard.



This is Der Dom (The Dome) in Koeln, Deutschland (Cologne, Germany). It is the biggest, most architecturally crazy, most awe-inspiring building I have ever seen in my entire life. What is visible in this picture really doesn't capture even half of the feeling you get standing near it...and it only shows a little piece of the front. It makes you feel really small and insignificant when you stand next to it...


More pics coming later! I promise! (Hehe...and no, it won't take another month.)

No comments: