24 August 2007

Here are finally some pictures from Germany! They will show up as being different blogs...because I am not so skilled at picture-blogging. But enjoy!
This is Lehner's Biergarten...it's a local favorite and was definitely a good place to go for a meal or to just hang out...and for those of you who aren't so familiar with German culture, a Biergarten (Beer Garden) isn't a place people go to drink...it's a place for families and is kind of the equivalent to places like Applebee's or Red Robin...only with traditional German food :-)


Kathrin (meine Austausschulerin, or exchange partner, in English) and I waiting for our dinner at Lehner's.

Kassspaetzen anyone? Kassspaetzen could be considered the German version of Mac'n'cheese I guess...but it is homemade noodles, therefore is much more filling and dense, with real cheese. And not cheddar either because they don't have cheddar cheese in Germany!






This is me with my host mother, Gabi. We were at the farewell party thrown by the Americans...














My new friend Laura and I making sad faces right before we loaded the bus to go back to the airport... :-(

I didn't really know Laura at all until the trip, but over the course of the month we became super buddies. She is an actress and loves England (and those cute accents!) and is altogether a lovely person.







So that other blog about me puking all over the train platform and station? Ya, this is right before.

I had never heard of this, but apparently it helps when you're sick to put your feet way up above your head. There were actually a few things about like, hygiene and illness and stuff that seemed to be common German knowledge that I had never even heard of...

No comments: